Make the Most of a Port: Sailing with Disney Cruise Line from Miami
When guests sail with Disney Cruise Line, there are not only incredible ports of call around the world for their families to experience, but there are also many home ports that are top vacation destinations! Miami is one of the leaders on that list, and families can not only take a cruise from South Florida on either the Disney Dream or Disney Magic this year, but they can also extend their vacation before (or after) to experience all this vibrant city has to offer.
Whether guests love to indulge in culinary delights or tend to venture outdoors, below are ways everyone in the family can make the most of their time on board and on land with a cruise from South Florida!
1. For the Foodie: Miami is a foodie’s dream, with many areas dedicated to all things delicious! Stop by Little Havana or Ocean Drive for authentic Cuban fare or fresh, vibrant seafood. Once guests board the ship, they can prepare their tastebuds for themed family dining, 24-hour room service and of course – ice cream! And whether they're on the Disney Dream or Disney Magic, they can dine at Palo for an adults-only, elevated dining experience featuring northern Italian cuisine.
2. For the Sports Buff: Miami is home to an impressive roster of iconic sports teams, including the Miami Heat, Miami Dolphins, Miami Marlins and more. No matter what time of year guests are sailing from South Florida, chances are they can catch a game with the family while in town! Once on board, guests can show off their own athletic skills on Goofy’s Sports Deck (Disney Dream) or Wide World of Sports (Disney Magic), where they'll find a basketball court, foosball and more; they can also get in a workout in at the Senses Fitness Center or on the running deck; or even watch a game live with friends and the family.
3. For the Beach Bum: Miami provides several sun-soaked beaches, such as South Beach and the Miami Beach Boardwalk, where guests can lounge the day away. The fun in the sun certainly doesn’t end with Disney Cruise Line. In addition to many pools and water features on the ships, voyages from this home port make stops in sun-drenched ports throughout the Caribbean and Bahamas, and all sailings from Miami visit Castaway Cay, Disney’s private island oasis.
4. For the Art Lover: If guests are a lover of the arts, Miami is the perfect fit for them! The city boasts a unique Art Deco Museum and the Bass Museum of Contemporary Art, as well as the Wynwood Art District. guests can continue this artistic adventure on board with participation in animation classes, or enjoy the arts in a different way by watching one of the Broadway-style shows offered.
5. For the Shopping Enthusiast: For those who love to shop ‘till they drop, Miami offers phenomenal shopping districts, including Lincoln Road Mall and Coconut Grove, to name a few. When guests step on board, several retail shops are available, so whether they are looking for classic Disney Cruise Line merchandise or a special item to remember their trip by, there is a souvenir for everyone.
Whether guests can relate with one of these categories or all five, these are just a few of the reasons to sail from Miami! Bon voyage!
Disney Cruise Line has recently opened their new cruise terminal at Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Here are five reasons why guests will love sailing with Disney Cruise Line from Fort Lauderdale. Second Year-Round Disney Cruise Homeport in Florida: Disney Cruise Line is expanding its fleet and opening its second year-round home port in … Read moreRead More
Art enthusiasts, get ready to celebrate as a new year approaches! What better way to usher in the year 2024 than by attending the EPCOT International Festival of the Arts. From January 12 to February 19, immerse yourself in this inspiring event that showcases the visual, culinary, and performing arts in the unique Disney style. … Read moreRead More
The festive season has returned to Disneyland Resort ! Join us in commemorating this joyous occasion as we highlight the top 5 reasons to visit Disneyland Resort this Winter. Step into the Most Enchanting Time of the Year – Celebrate the Holidays at the Disneyland® Resort Mark your calendars! The holiday festivities kick off at … Read moreRead More
Disney Cruise Line’s latest addition, Disney Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point, is a unique retreat located on the island of Eleuthera in The Bahamas. Come summer 2024, guests will be transported to a world where Bahamian storytelling, artistry and culture are celebrated. Get ready to explore the exciting venues that will be available at this … Read moreRead More
Disney Live Entertainment is all set to launch its latest nighttime spectacular, “Luminous: The Symphony of Us,” on December 5 at EPCOT. The show features a dazzling display of fireworks, fountains, lights, and music that aims to connect us all through the commonalities of the heart. The show highlights how our unique melodies come together … Read moreRead More
Let's Start the Magic!
Crazy Imagination Travel Advisors are experts at the art of vacationing Disney and beyond. No two families are alike and no two vacations are alike. Each vacation is carefully planned and customized to our guest. From the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida to world-wide adventures in Australia, our Travel Advisors are ready to help guests plan their dream vacation. Go ahead. Put our service to the test!