Connecting Rooms vs. Villas at the Walt Disney World Resort
For big families or families traveling together, there are plenty of hotel options available to suit your travel style and preference. To help narrow the options for your group, we recommend deciding what's most important to you - Proximity, beds, baths, gathering space and kitchens are considerations when making your decision. Our expertise is spelled out below.
New to Crazy Imagination Travel? Ready to book your connecting room or Disney Vacation Club Villa? Contact us today to start the magic!
If being together is important, a villa may be the best option.
- Two Connecting Rooms - Connecting rooms are only guaranteed when the number of guests exceed maximum room occupancy and when there are no more than two adults on the reservation. Please ask your Crazy Imagination Travel Advisor for more information.
- Villas – One, Two or Three Bedroom - Think of villas as condos. A living area, dining area and kitchen are included with each unit. Many of which overlook the Disney Parks! Click here to explore a sample villa layout and ask us which villas offer spectacular fireworks views.
If avoiding sleeper sofas is a priority, connecting rooms may be your best bet.
- Two Connecting Rooms - Four (4) queen beds total (two per room). Select hotels include an additional day bed or twin fold down. Ask your Crazy Imagination Travel Advisor for more information.
- Villas - One-Bedroom Villas - 1 King + Sleeper Sofa
- Villas - Two-Bedroom Villas - 1 King + Two Queens + Sleeper Sofa, or King + One Queen + Two Sleeper Sofas. Select villas include a sleeper chair or fold down bed in the living room. This includes Animal Kingdom Kidani, Bay Lake Towers, Old Key West and Villas of Disney's Grand Floridian
Gathering Space & Available Seating
If having a space to gather (like a living room) is important, a villa is the best option.
- Two Connecting Rooms - Standard hotel rooms will not include a sitting area. Select room types at deluxe hotels include a sitting area and additional benefits like access to a Club Level Lounge. Ask your Crazy Imagination Travel Advisor for a list of available options and benefits.
- Villas - Each villa includes a living area usually seating four or more guests. Villas also include a full kitchen and dining area which seats six or more.
If having the conveniences of home - microwave, dishwasher, freezer - is important to you, villas offer a full kitchen.
- Two Connecting Rooms - A mini-fridge and coffee maker are included with each room.
- Villas - A full kitchen with appliances and all the conveniences of home are included.
Consider the number of guests in your party and the importance of the number of baths.
- Two Connecting Rooms - Two full bathrooms
- Villas with One Full Bath - One-bedroom villas at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village, Disney's Beach Club Villas, Disney's BoardWalk Villas, Disney's Old Key West Resort, Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, Villas of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa & Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
- Villas with Two Full Baths - One-bedroom villas at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village & Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
- Villas with Two Full Bathrooms - Two-bedroom villas at Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas, Disney's Beach Club Villas, Disney's BoardWalk Villas, Disney's Old Key West Resort, Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, Villas of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa & Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
- Villas with Three Full Baths - Two-bedroom villas at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village & Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
Alternative options for consideration – All of which have a designated living room
- One Bedroom Cabin at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort - Pro: Modest price, Full kitchen | Con: One bath
- Family Suite at a Value Hotel* - Pro: Modest price, Two baths | Con: Economic furnishings, Kitchenette only
- Suites at Deluxe Hotels - Pro: Club Level perks** | Con: Price, One bath, Kitchenette only
*Family suites are available at Disney's Art of Animation or Disney's All-Star Music Resort only.
**Club level perks include access to a private lounge with complimentary food, beverage, evening beer and wine, additional services and more. Ask your Crazy Imagination Travel Advisor for details.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year at Disney Springs! The halls are decked, the fire is roaring, and you won’t want to miss out on all the festive fun available now through December 30. Here are six ways to enjoy the most merry way this holiday season. First up is the Disney Springs … Read moreRead More
Disney Cruise Line has recently opened their new cruise terminal at Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Here are five reasons why guests will love sailing with Disney Cruise Line from Fort Lauderdale. Second Year-Round Disney Cruise Homeport in Florida: Disney Cruise Line is expanding its fleet and opening its second year-round home port in … Read moreRead More
Art enthusiasts, get ready to celebrate as a new year approaches! What better way to usher in the year 2024 than by attending the EPCOT International Festival of the Arts. From January 12 to February 19, immerse yourself in this inspiring event that showcases the visual, culinary, and performing arts in the unique Disney style. … Read moreRead More
The festive season has returned to Disneyland Resort ! Join us in commemorating this joyous occasion as we highlight the top 5 reasons to visit Disneyland Resort this Winter. Step into the Most Enchanting Time of the Year – Celebrate the Holidays at the Disneyland® Resort Mark your calendars! The holiday festivities kick off at … Read moreRead More
Disney Cruise Line’s latest addition, Disney Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point, is a unique retreat located on the island of Eleuthera in The Bahamas. Come summer 2024, guests will be transported to a world where Bahamian storytelling, artistry and culture are celebrated. Get ready to explore the exciting venues that will be available at this … Read moreRead More
Let's Start the Magic!
Crazy Imagination Travel Advisors are experts at the art of vacationing Disney and beyond. No two families are alike and no two vacations are alike. Each vacation is carefully planned and customized to our guest. From the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida to world-wide adventures in Australia, our Travel Advisors are ready to help guests plan their dream vacation. Go ahead. Put our service to the test!