Tips for Expectant Mothers Traveling to the Walt Disney World Resort
When you arrive at the Walt Disney World® Resort, here are a few ways to make your stay more pleasant. As always, we recommend that you consult with your doctor prior to traveling and adhere to his or her suggestions regarding your health and the health of your baby.
There are many gentle rides without restrictions for the whole family and of course countless shows. While Disney posts warnings on certain rides for expectant mothers, primary instructions should come from your physician. The following rides have warnings posted. Please double check the guide map for restrictions when you're there.
- Magic Kingdom - Barnstormer, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Space Mountain, Tomorrowland Speedway
- Epcot - Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, Mission Space, Test Track
- Disney's Hollywood Studios - Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Slinky Dog Dash, Star Tours, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, Tower of Terror
- Animal Kingdom - Avatar Flight of Passage, Dinosaur, Expedition Everest, Kali River Rapids, Kilimanjaro Safaris*
*If you've talked with your doctor and you're considering Kilimanjaro Safaris, ask the cast member if you can ride in the wheelchair accessible vehicle. It isn't as bumpy as the others.
Take a spa break! Most deluxe resorts offer spa services. The Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Saratoga Springs have the largest spa facilities on property. Included in the list of offerings is a “Mother to be Massage”. Reservations are recommended and transportation may be provided from your resort if necessary. (Please check with the front desk at your Disney Resort Hotel.) Visit the Grand Floridian Spa page and the Saratoga Springs Resort Senses Spa page for more information.
A few of our best suggestions from fellow mothers at Crazy Imagination Travel
- Stay hydrated, snack often and take afternoon breaks.
- For your convenience, restroom locations and the First Aid Station are noted on each of the park maps, as well as the Disney Springs map.
- At your resort, housekeeping can provide extra pillows to help you get comfortable if needed.
- Consider having a supply of bottled water delivered to your resort via Garden Grocer or Amazon rather than purchasing pricy individual bottles throughout the theme parks and hotels.
- Don't forget to bring any medication, a maternity support belt if needed, and comfortable walking shoes.
Wheelchair and Electric Convenience Vehicles
If needed, wheelchair and Electric Convenience Vehicle (ECV) rentals are available inside the park entrances. Daily and length of stay rates are both available. Quantities are limited and subject to availability. Consider reserving a scooter from an offsite company for the duration of your stay.
Disney Cruise Line has recently opened their new cruise terminal at Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Here are five reasons why guests will love sailing with Disney Cruise Line from Fort Lauderdale. Second Year-Round Disney Cruise Homeport in Florida: Disney Cruise Line is expanding its fleet and opening its second year-round home port in … Read moreRead More
Art enthusiasts, get ready to celebrate as a new year approaches! What better way to usher in the year 2024 than by attending the EPCOT International Festival of the Arts. From January 12 to February 19, immerse yourself in this inspiring event that showcases the visual, culinary, and performing arts in the unique Disney style. … Read moreRead More
The festive season has returned to Disneyland Resort ! Join us in commemorating this joyous occasion as we highlight the top 5 reasons to visit Disneyland Resort this Winter. Step into the Most Enchanting Time of the Year – Celebrate the Holidays at the Disneyland® Resort Mark your calendars! The holiday festivities kick off at … Read moreRead More
Disney Cruise Line’s latest addition, Disney Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point, is a unique retreat located on the island of Eleuthera in The Bahamas. Come summer 2024, guests will be transported to a world where Bahamian storytelling, artistry and culture are celebrated. Get ready to explore the exciting venues that will be available at this … Read moreRead More
Disney Live Entertainment is all set to launch its latest nighttime spectacular, “Luminous: The Symphony of Us,” on December 5 at EPCOT. The show features a dazzling display of fireworks, fountains, lights, and music that aims to connect us all through the commonalities of the heart. The show highlights how our unique melodies come together … Read moreRead More
Let's Start the Magic!
Crazy Imagination Travel Advisors are experts at the art of vacationing Disney and beyond. No two families are alike and no two vacations are alike. Each vacation is carefully planned and customized to our guest. From the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida to world-wide adventures in Australia, our Travel Advisors are ready to help guests plan their dream vacation. Go ahead. Put our service to the test!