How to Videos
Make the Most of Your Disney Day
Before you can purchase Genie+ and / or Individual Lightning Lanes, be sure you've checked these things off your list.
Park Tickets & Guests Linked
Make sure your tickets and guests are linked to your My Disney Experience account.
Park Reservations Secured
Make sure each guest has a Park Reservation for each day that you plan to purchase and use Genie+ and / or Individual Lightning Lanes.
How to Purchase Individual Lightning Lanes
- Several minutes before 7:00am Eastern on the day you plan to make your purchase, log into the app.
- Click the hamburger (lower right) and select Tip Board.
- If applicable, click Change Park
- At precisely 7:00am Eastern, scroll to your preferred Individual Lightning Lane attraction and click. Tip! To make this easy, check out our video on how to maximize the Tip Board.
- Select your preferred time (based on availability) and complete your transaction.
- Arrive within one hour after your selected time and enter the Lightning Lane queue by scanning your MagicBand, My Disney Experience app or Apple device.
How to Purchase Genie+
- Any time after 12:01am Eastern on the day you plan to visit the park, log into the app to make your purchase. Tip! Do this at least 15 minutes before Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lanes become available (7:00am ET for Disney hotel guests and park opening for all other guests).
- From the app home, click My Day
- Scroll to and click the purple "Get Disney Genie+ for Today"
- Select the guests for whom you will purchase and follow the payment prompts.
How to Use the Tip Board
What's the Tip Board?
It's the tab that lists everything you WANT.
A list of attractions per park with
- Current wait times
- Genie+ availability
- Individual Lightning Lane availability
A list of dining options with
- Mobile Order availability
- Table Serve availability
How to Maximize Your Tip board
Perhaps one of the best tips on this page. Seconds count when securing the most popular Individual Lightning Lanes and Genie+ attractions. So that you don't waste time scrolling through all of the attractions to find your top pick, we'll show you how to make sure your faves bubble to the top.
Hiya pal! Have questions? Your Travel Advisor is one smart cookie when it comes to Lightning Lanes.
How To Use the My Day Feature
What's the My Day feature?
It's the tab in My Disney Experience that lists everything you HAVE.
- Park Reservations
- Dining Reservations
- Genie+ or Lightning Lane Reservations
- Enchanting Extras
- And more
How to Make Genie+ Selections
- Watch the other videos in this series so you're positioned to win and check out our top picks for Genie+ (below).
- A few minutes before 7:00am Eastern, log into the My Disney Experience app.
- Go to the Tip Board (Home > Three Lines > Tip Board)
- At precisely 7:00am Eastern, make your first Genie+ selection.
- You can make your second Genie+ selection two hours after park opening or immediately after using your first Genie+ reservation (whichever comes first).
- Throughout the day, continue making selections every 120 minutes or immediately after using your Genie+ reservation (whichever comes first).
What are the best Genie+ attractions? We're so glad you asked!
Our Top Picks for Genie+
Test Track, Frozen Ever After*, Remy's Ratatouille Adventure*, Soarin'
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Disney's Animal Kingdom Park
*This attraction may shift to an Individual Lightning Lane attraction during select times of the year.
What Our guests say
Let's start the magic!
We would LOVE to plan a vacation tailored uniquely to YOU! Contact us today to connect with one of our Personal Travel Planners who will provide you with a complimentary consultation and a quote for your vacation. Once your deposit is secured, the REAL MAGIC begins. Our Expert Vacation Planners will manage every last detail of your vacation to ensure you have the most magical experience possible. Go ahead. Put our service to the test!